MathBin is undergoing a pretty significant overhaul. This is primarily to increase the speed and performance of the site, as well as making it more user-friendly. So this would be the perfect time to request any features you want.
If you have any suggestions for things you would like to see, please email me (fix the address before hitting "send").
Current plans include:
- Significant under-the-hood changes to speed things up.
- Allowing dollar delimiters for equations (in addition to EQ and IEQ). e.g. "$ equation $"
and "$$ equation $$"
- Support for ASCIIMathML syntax
- More useful symbol buttons on the editor (which can be hidden for you pros)
- Instant previews while creating a post.
- Option to force posts to expire
- (maybe) User accounts to give you the option of collecting posts under a single page, as well as retain your preferences across multiple computers.
- (maybe) A fresh and updated site design.
- Your suggestion here.... ?
Not sure what to do? Look at this simple example post
and the introduction to MathBin.net posting.
Now that you know the basics of MathBin, you need to get up-to-speed on the basics of LaTeX. Don't be alarmed when you start looking at it, it's really quite simple! Try searching for introductions to LaTeX equations.
We also have a handy LaTeX reference page on this site for you to use.